New York City
We are delighted to announce our third annual flagship leadership and disruptive innovation summer program that will be held July 24-28, 2017 in New York City. We are now accepting applications! To apply please email email@example.com. Space is limited! Details below.
For the past two summers, we have conducted this program in New York City with the Disruptor Foundation and the Tribeca Disruptive Innovation Awards. The Disruptor Foundation was cofounded by Craig Hatkoff and Prof. Clay Christensen, Harvard Business School, originator of disruptive innovation theory. The Tribeca Disruptive Innovation Awards are presented in collaboration with the Tribeca Film Festival. This unique program targets students aged 12-19 years old, who are looking to discover themselves, develop their leadership skills, critical thinking, analytic skills and aiming to enhance themselves to become a strategic thinker in life. The program is highly dynamic with experiential, role-playing, team building and interactive exercises using the proprietary data-driven Innovative Leadership Program developed by Dr. Wasif Syed, a Disruptor Foundation Fellow. The program includes a range of modules on innovative leadership, strategic leadership, disruptive transformation, innovation, entrepreneurship (including our unique case study on Shark Tank), self-empowerment, self-discovery, global engagement, communication, civic engagement, organizational skills, analytical and critical skills to name a few. The program also includes several guest speakers. Some of our speakers in previous years have included:
• Craig Hatkoff, cofounder of the Tribeca Film Festival and the Disruptor Foundation
• HBO Documentary Film Screening “The Diplomat” featuring life of U.S. Ambassador Richard Holbrooke and discussion with Emmy award-winning producer, Stacey Reiss
• U.S. Ambassador Michele Sison, U.S. Deputy Representative to the United Nations
• Bruno Francois (CEO Egos Ventures and Shark Tank contestant working with Mark Cuban)
• Site visit to Noodle and talk by John Katzman, Founder and CEO of Noodle (former Founder and CEO of The Princeton Review and 2U)
• Stuart Sugarman, Hedge Fund Manager and Wall Street Guru
• Asi Burak, President of Games for Change
• Katy Kasmai, Program Manager, Google and Founder of Team Exponent
• Brent Stapelkamp, Renowned Animal Rights Advocate and Conservationist
This leadership program is unique. It provides an incentivized pathway to execution by giving students two follow-up tasks post-program:
1. Teach something new to someone in your community.
2. Work in a team and implement a social impact project in your community.
The top five students who complete these tasks successfully after the program are selected to attend the Tribeca Disruptive Innovation Awards. We aim to have a transformative impact and help students discover themselves by teaching them key tools to learn how to be innovative and build critical life skills.
When? July 24-28, 2017
Where? Clal, 440 Park Ave S, New York, NY 10016
Who? Any student based anywhere, aged 12-19 years old
Cost? $2,200 per student (lunch provided daily)
How to Apply? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details
Space is limited. We intentionally keep the program size small to create an intimate, engaging and lively environment.
Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
Note the program does not provide housing. Students must arrange their own housing in NYC. There are plenty of hotels in the area within walking distance.